Ada's Technical Books
What is Ada's Technical Books?
Ada's Technical Books and Cafe aims to open the doors to science and technology as widely as possible. We do this with a finely curated selection of books, through dynamic, STEAM oriented book clubs, meetings, and events, and by serving excellent coffee and house-made foods.
More fun facts
- Ada's opened in June of 2010 in the Loveless Building on Broadway E and moved to the re-modeled space at 425 15th Ave E in November of 2013.
- The Kyoto slow-drip coffee towers we use to brew our cold brew coffee have been modded using arduinos to regulate water flow.
- All of Ada's breads and pastries are prepared and baked in-house.
- Ada Lovelace, our store's namesake, is the world's first computer programmer.
- The lit up doorwall, which defines the bookstore from the cafe, has over 2,000 programmable LEDs and can be controlled via text message.
- The original hardwood floor from the space was used to construct our cafe tables, and low-seated bookshelves.
Ada's daily questions for Siren members
If you were a prolific author, what themes would your books be about?
If you could instantly be a professional anything, what would it be?
Which scientist would you like to have for a best friend?
What is the first (grown-up) book you read multiple times?
How many cats is too many cats?
If you could have free tuition to any University, which school would you go to and what would you study?
Who is your favorite Greek god or goddess?
If you could witness the moment of creation for any past invention, what invention would it be?
What is your go-to karaoke song?
Are there any sports or activities from your childhood you wish you would have stuck with?
Haven't downloaded Siren yet? Get it to start finding meaningful connections based off Ada's questions!