We asked our members for their favorite jokes, and the results were too hilarious not to share.
One of the most challenging aspects of online dating—aside from the rampant harassment we promise you won't find at Siren—is starting a conversation from scratch. Even if you're the coolest, most confident person in the right context, there's something intimidating about writing those opening sentences to a new person.
It happens to all of us. When we're worried about being impressive, sometimes we forget to be ourselves.
A few months ago, we surveyed some online daters and discovered that getting lazy messages like "Sup, sexy?" is a common pet peeve. At Siren, we all want more thoughtful interactions, but coming up with those first few sentences is easier said than done.
This dynamic is something we keep in mind when selecting our Questions of the Day. Our questions serve as springboards for creative communication, so the ice is broken for you. Yesterday's question is an excellent case in point: we asked our members to tell one of their favorite jokes. Humor is the ultimate flirtation tactic. Once you've got someone laughing, making conversation is a piece of cake!
We enjoyed yesterday's responses so much that we've decided to share some of our members' favorites. (Fair warning: #10 is a bit PG-13. Suffice it to say, all entendres were consensual!)
1. What did the sushi say to the bee?
2. What's the first thing to do when creating a universe?
What's the second?
Invite all the stars.
3. What is Whitney Houston's favorite kind of coordination?
4. Was Einstein's theory good?
5. Why did the cows lie down in the rain?
To keep each udder dry.
6. What do you get when you cross an elephant and a rhino?
'Ell if I know!!
7. How do you catch a unique rabbit?
You neek up on him!
8. The past, the present & the future walked into a bar.
It was tense.
9. What does an angry pepper do in a fight?
He gets jalapeño face!
10. A woman walked into a bar and asked for a double entendre.
The bartender gave it to her.