Who is Jamie Ford?
Jamie Ford's debut novel, Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet, spent two years on the New York Times bestseller list and went on to win the 2010 Asian/Pacific American Award for Literature. His work has been translated into 34 languages. He's holding out for Klingon because that's when you know you've made it.
More fun facts
- Was kicked out of middle-school because a group of parents claimed he was worshiping Satan. (He was playing D&D with friends).
- He has a degree in art. College was basically drawing sweaty naked people all day.
- He has a massive, nerdgasmic comic collection. Bought most of it from author Harlan Ellison.
- He is a recovering karaoke addict. His go-to song was Crazy Little Thing Called Love by Queen.
- Once broke a guy's nose in a karate tournament. Still feels terrible about that.
- He walked out of the SAT.
- Met his wife at the public library. A year later, he proposed in a bookstore. Yeah, he's that guy.
Jamie Ford's daily questions for Siren members
What was the last book you loved? The last you hated?
Poe had Absinthe. Hemingway had rum. What's your go-to inspiration juice?
What's the worst job you ever had?
If you could be a wild animal, who would you maul first?
I fled an oppressive regime; in what circumstances do you feel most like a stranger in a strange land?
You're looking at someone's bookshelf, what book is a deal killer?
Haven't downloaded Siren yet? Get it to start finding meaningful connections based off Jamie Ford's questions!