Who is Joseph Guanlao?
Joseph is a writer and director. He co-founded 'Night Shift', a roaming dance party in Seattle, and 'Day Shift', a day party debuting on May 31.
More fun facts
- He blends grass-fed butter and coconut oil with his coffee in the morning.
- A cathartic film or performance or speech can make his eyes watery.
- He was raised in South Seattle. (Specifically, Skyway, the only census-designated place in the Seattle metro area with a majority minority population in the 2000 Census. Since then it has grown even more diverse.)
- He is an alumnus of The Tribes Project, a theatre organization exploring race and world issues through the performing arts.
- He wrote and directed Feast of the Black Nazarene, a play featuring an ensemble Filipino American cast.
- He needs to do more hot yoga.
Joseph Guanlao's daily questions for Siren members
Describe one thing your city has figured out that other cities have not.
Which historical figure would you have liked to grow up with?
Where and when did you meet one of your closest friends?
Describe an important time when you said "Yes" to someone.
What are you grateful for today?
Name a fictional character that's your spirit animal.
Your playground, sandbox, blanket fort as an adult is ___________.
What's a rule that isn't a rule for you?
What do you feel is our actual national pastime?
Haven't downloaded Siren yet? Get it to start finding meaningful connections based off Joseph Guanlao's questions!