Who is Laura Sullivan-Cassidy?
Laura Sullivan Cassidy is one of those rare native Seattle birds who doesn't hike, code, or drive a Subaru. From her post as senior editor on Nordstrom's Creative Projects team, she's all about emerging global designers, the marriage of shopping + storytelling. Outside of work, her life is centered on creating installations and performance around fiction and imagery, and taking long drives in the middle of nowhere with her husband.
More fun facts
- Laura travels twice a year for Nordstrom to some combination of New York, London, Paris, and Milan to cover the fall and spring collections on the runways and interview luminaries within the realm of Fashion Month.
- She spent 7 years as the style editor of Seattle Met magazine, and 7 years before that writing and editing the music and food sections of an alternative weekly.
- She's been married for ten years to a guy she met during Seattle's glorious '00s garage punk days. They've aged out of the scene quite nicely, thank you.
- She frequently collaborates with Seattle's best curators, designers, and photographers on look books, publicity stunts, pop-up shops, and more.
- Laura self-publishes short (very short) fiction and 'illustration' (collage, photography, collaged photography) in small runs and sometimes gets weird hairs and makes clothing, accessories, and other items.
- She has tried every frozen pizza on the market.
Laura Sullivan-Cassidy's daily questions for Siren members
What's the most embarrassing thing in your closet and why haven't you gotten rid of it yet?
Recall your best compliment in vivid detail. What did you do to deserve it, and how did it make you feel?
2pm at the beach, or 2am in the middle of the city?
What's the last thing you Google image searched?
Describe a time when you accurately predicted the future.
What would most surprise the five year-old you about the person you have become?
Where, in the body, is the mind located? (Alternately stated, Where is your mind?)
Haven't downloaded Siren yet? Get it to start finding meaningful connections based off Laura Sullivan-Cassidy's questions!