CEO of Sub Pop Records
Who is Megan Jasper?
Megan Jasper currently works for Sub Pop Records as the label's CEO. She started working for Sub Pop in 1989 and eventually went back to the label in 1998. Before working at Sub Pop she was the Northwest Sales Representative (for five years) for Alternative Distribution Alliance, a music company that distributes mostly independent music to retailers in the US. Megan has also volunteered for numerous non-profits, served on the Board of Directors for SCBWI (Society of Children's Books Writers and Illustrators) for four years, volunteered and served on the Board of Directors for The Service Board for ten years, the Board of Directors for the Vera Project for six years and has been serving as a Seattle Music Commissioner for the past six years. When she isn't working, volunteering or listening to music she's training for triathlons and hanging out with her family: Brian, Yogi Bear Claw and Pickles.
More fun facts
- I have been a vegetarian for 35 years.
- I haven’t had my natural hair color since I was 14.
- I grew up with Old English Sheepdogs as pets.
- My first concert was Pat and Debby Boone. My second was The Plasmatics.
- I got my first tattoo when I was 17. I got my last tattoo when I was 48.
- Willie Nelson and Neil Young are my favorite musicians.
- I go home (to Massachusetts) every year for the Brimfield Flea Market. It’s incredible!
Megan Jasper's daily questions for Siren members
Has a song, record or artist ever changed your life? Which one and how?
If you could spend just one day anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
What song would you sing in the shower right now (knowing that nobody would hear you)?
Whatäó»s a lie you don't regret telling?
What's one of the kindest things that someone has done for you recently?
What's your driving style? (safe, race car, screamer, don't drive but bike, etc....)
Haven't downloaded Siren yet? Get it to start finding meaningful connections based off Megan Jasper's questions!