Who is Rachel Hills?
Rachel Hills is an Australian writer living in New York City, who describes her beat as “the politics of everyday life.” Her first book "The Sex Myth: The Gap Between Our Fantasies and Reality" examines the invisible norms and unspoken assumptions that shape our experiences of sex, and was published by Simon & Schuster this August.
More fun facts
- Rachel "married" a cardboard cut-out of a pop star when she was 16. She had seen some girl marry a boyband member on an Australian TV show and thought it was hilarious. They were divorced within six months.
- When she was 17, she was a runner up in a teen magazine’s “Search for a Star” competition.
- When Rachel was 7, she was the bone marrow donor for her sister who had cancer at age 2.
- Once when in LA, she turned down a date with a man who looked like Thorn from "Bold & The Beautiful" because she needed to check her email. That’s how much she loves email. And hates dating.
- In 2004, Rachel threw a party themed 'A Night With The Hilton Sisters’. She had to explain who the Hilton Sisters were on the invitation.
- Rachel's landlady is also a feminist author, whose book she reviewed back in 2008. She didn’t know that when Rachel signed the lease, though.
Rachel Hills' daily questions for Siren members
Which of today's musicians do you think will be remembered in 50 years?
What is the last remaining sexual/romantic taboo?
Why is 50 Shades of Grey so popular?
What do you get homesick for?
What is the number one secret to a good dinner party?
What should the world do about Syria's refugee crisis?
What's your favorite thing about this time of year?
Haven't downloaded Siren yet? Get it to start finding meaningful connections based off Rachel Hills' questions!