Who is Shannon Toomey?
Shannon's Twitter bio reads "overall life enthusiast", but her professional world revolves around working at Google. A musician and a connoisseur of mac and cheese, Shannon is a Seattle transplant who adores her community and seeks adventure.
More fun facts
- Shannon's least favorite sound in the world is ice cubes being broken out of plastic trays.
- She's a multi-instrumentalist who plays any stringed instrument with frets, but maybe will one tackle the cello.
- Her first jump into social media was in high school after making YouTube music videos that somehow became very popular in the Czech Republic. This also became a quick lesson in copyright laws.
- The pride of her hometown in the Tri-Cities centers around the number one 7-11 in the world, with 18 Slurpee flavors. She has definitely found the perfect combo.
- She was part of national championship Irish Dance team in middle school and still has a slight aversion to bagpipes because of it, but she's working on it.
- After college, Shannon took a job at Walt Disney World, and was back in Washington within 6 months. There's too many stories to share here, but just know Winnie the Pooh costumes are hard to get out of quickly.
- Her dream job as a child was to be a writer for Muppets Tonight.
Shannon Toomey's daily questions for Siren members
Followed by her personal answers!
What's been one of your biggest Aha! moments?
If you can get a good story out of it, it's worth trying.
Would you like to be famous? In what way?
I think city-famous only, anything bigger sounds exhausting. Best Party Band? (Sounds better than a cover band...)
How did you spend your Seahawks Sunday?
Living in proximity to the stadium, I spent it how I always do: hosting a party!