Report a Problem email@example.com
Dating Articles + Tips http://siren.mobi/blog
By using this site, you agree that you will not post, publish, or submit as work any of the following material:
• Material that infringes the copyright of another person or copyright and trademarked names and slogan material not referenced or acknowledged.
• Unauthorized posting of personal and private or confidential information (names, address, phone number, email, etc.) of other users.
• Material that contains vulgar, obscene, or indecent language or images.
• Material which defames, abuses, or threatens others.
• Statements that are bigoted, hateful, or racially offensive.
• Material that advocates illegal activity or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
• No flaming; there is a difference between voicing a legitimate concern or grievance and simply badmouthing or some other form of written abuse of someone or some service. These will be deleted upon discovery.
• Do not include content or comments that you would not say directly to another person.
• Be respectful of other's reactions.
Posts or other material which is deemed inappropriate by the site administrators will be deleted upon discovery. Users who violate the Terms of Service may lose their account permanently. Account suspensions are at the sole discretion of Siren.
Be authentic, constructive, and respectful, and keep the experience good for everyone in the Siren community.
What should I do if I suspect a Siren member of being a spam account?
Siren is for people, not robots! If you suspect that another Siren member is a spam account, please email the username and description and time of the incident to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember to abide by good safety practices and never give any personal information to someone until you feel comfortable meeting up in real life.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Tips for QOTD• Keep it short and light• Good spelling helps• Relax—everyday is a new question• Go through people's profiles to answer previous questions
Profile Photo Tips• Show off your features—don’t obscure• Avoid extreme camera angles• Avoid harsh hi-contrast• Focus on the face• Smiles help give positive first impressions
Hints for Messaging• Read their QOTD answers as a reference• Respond as promptly as you can• Ask questions in your message• Be present and avoid stock answers• Be patient, courteous, and tactful
Who are the people asking the questions?The QOTD hosts are creative individuals (artists, curators, dancers, entrepreneurs, designers, architects, etc.) who support Siren's mission and formulate the daily questions. They are not necessarily members on Siren, nor do they see your responses. They hope their questions help present a more nuanced view of your personality and start conversations on a variety of levels.
How do I edit my profile?Tap on your thumbnail in the upper right corner, choose "My Profile"
How do I change which profiles appear on my QOTD feed?Tap on your thumbnail in the upper right corner, choose "Settings"
What happens when I make my profile Visible to All?Your profile photo appear un-blurred even if you aren't mutually connected. However, you must accept their connection request, or vise versa, before you can start messaging with each other. We do this to prevent harassment and so far it's worked great.
How long do I wait for people to un-blur their photos?Unlike other sites, Siren is a relaxed space to discover personalities over time. Your energy is spent to highlight yourself, not just trolling through photos. It might take a few hours or a few days. People are worth the wait.
Do you match profiles?We do not. We leave the matching to you.
How do I Hide or Delete my account?1. Tap on your thumbnail in the upper right corner, choose "My Profile"2. Tap "Edit" in the upper right corner3. Tap the ellipsis in the upper right corner4. Choose Hide Account or Delete Account